Rus>Eng Metallurgy Dictionary?
Thread poster: MGL

MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:46
Russian to English
Jun 16, 2007

I'm hoping some fellow ProZians can recommend one or more Russian-English dictionaries in metallurgy. I've been poking around online and have come across Polyglossum. It looks like they have a nice selection of very interesting specialized dictionaries, but I'm always a little wary of e-dictionaries (except for the instant-download-gratification part...)

I'd love to hear your recommendations!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:46
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Russian-English Dictionary of Metallurgy and Allied Sciences Jun 16, 2007

compiled by Tanya Deruguine. I bought this many years ago and have always found it useful, but it's rather ancient, publ. 1962. I doubt if it's still in print, but copies of it are available through the Web, from Amazon & other sources.

Paul Adie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Give Lingvo 12 a try? Jun 18, 2007

Hey Megan,

Why not give Lingvo 12 a try, I've found it immensely useful for medical, not sure about metallurgy, but it's scope really is huge - www.lingvo.ru. There's also MultiTran on www.multitran.ru, which is a bit hit and miss, but worth a try all the same.

Udacha tebye!

Paul

MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:46
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jun 18, 2007

I have Lingvo (and I love it) but I need something a little more specialized for metals and all that fun stuff. I haven't looked at their free add-on dictionaries in a while, however. Maybe they have a decent metal glossary there.

Does anyone have experience with the specialized R>E polyglossum dictionaries?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rus>Eng Metallurgy Dictionary?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search