Technical Dictionary Eng-Sp/ Sp-Eng- Guy Malgorn
Thread poster: A Hayes
A Hayes
Australia
Local time: 07:11
Jan 17, 2003

does anyone know if it\'s any good?, has anyone used it?

Thanks for your comments!

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert INGLEDEW  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
I HAVE USED IT IN THE PAST Jan 17, 2003

If I had to assign it a mark between 1 and 10, I would say 6.

I definitely prefer the technical dictionaries published by Routledge and by Javier Collazo.

Guy Malgorn´s dictionary has a very useful table of conversion of temperature, measures, pitches and other items.

If you are going to buy it APART from Routledge or Collazo, OK. But I would not buy it INSTEAD of these. Even Louis Robb is better.

Regards.

Robert

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
ELSEVIER Jan 17, 2003

My preferred technical dictionary, also the most complete I believe.

Veritas
Local time: 23:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Limited scope Jan 17, 2003

I use it regularly.

It only claims to cover \"machine tools, mining, internal combustion engines, aviation, electricity, radio, ship-building, metallurgy, public works and commerce\".

Moreover, I would say that the order in which the subjects are listed reflects the dictionary\'s strengths, i.e. excellent for machine tools, of little use for public works and commerce.

With that proviso, it is a useful addition to my terminology resources, and I don\'t remember it being very expensive.

Andrew Steel

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:11
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I use it regularly Jan 17, 2003

I use it regularly, besides other technical dictionaries, and I don\'t have complains about it. Please notice that it\'s a Spanish edition, thus most of the terms are more suitable for Spain.

Also, it provides terminology mainly related to mechanical engineering. It\'s a good investment.

Regards,

Clarisa Moraña

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Technical Dictionary Eng-Sp/ Sp-Eng- Guy Malgorn

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search