Looking for glossary of German bank abbreviations
Thread poster: tanaudel

tanaudel  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:23
German to English
Aug 18, 2007

I am looking for an online glossary of abbreviations used in bank account and credit card statements.

I have looked online but none of the glossaries and dictionaries I have found help with the abbreviations on the computer generated account statements.

For example, the columns are headed "KRA BDC ZF DF K". Does anyone know a glossary which might help?

The document I am working on is a Kommerzbank statement.

Thanksl

Jean-Marie Le Ray  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:23
Italian to French
+ ...
Try this one Aug 18, 2007

http://www.translations2.com/results.html?cx=016366401723178772633:d21e-jabrmm&cof=FORID:11&q=German%20bank%20abbreviations&sa=Search#956

I don't understand German but I think you could find something interesting.

Jean-Marie

Gisela Murdter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:23
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
check with Commerzbank Aug 20, 2007

Dear tanaudel,

I checked with my German Bank and they said they weren't aware of any of these abbreviations and believe they must be internal abbreviations only Commerzbank uses.

Gisela

Jean-Marie Le Ray  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:23
Italian to French
+ ...
P.S. Aug 20, 2007

I've searched everywhere on the Net and found absolutely nothing with these acronyms.
First I thought it was a sort of bank code (i.e. Swift code) but it doesn't seem so.
Maybe the only way to get some explanation is to ask directly to Commertzbank as Gisela said.
I don't think so you'll find it on a deutsch acronmys dictionary.
Jean-Marie

tanaudel  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:23
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thankyou for the suggestions Aug 25, 2007

They do appear to be specific to the Commerzbank. Unfortunately, it was an urgent weekend job and I was unable to contact the bank. Fortunately, the client did not require the definition of those terms. Next time, I will be warned!

Thankyou for the suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for glossary of German bank abbreviations

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search