https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/81583-looking_for_glossary_of_german_bank_abbreviations.html

Looking for glossary of German bank abbreviations
Thread poster: tanaudel
tanaudel
tanaudel  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:48
German to English
Aug 18, 2007

I am looking for an online glossary of abbreviations used in bank account and credit card statements.

I have looked online but none of the glossaries and dictionaries I have found help with the abbreviations on the computer generated account statements.

For example, the columns are headed "KRA BDC ZF DF K". Does anyone know a glossary which might help?

The document I am working on is a Kommerzbank statement.

Thanksl

Jean-Marie Le Ray
Jean-Marie Le Ray  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:48
Italian to French
+ ...
Try this one Aug 18, 2007

http://www.translations2.com/results.html?cx=016366401723178772633:d21e-jabrmm&cof=FORID:11&q=German%20bank%20abbreviations&sa=Search#956

I don't understand German but I think you could find something interesting.

Jean-Marie

gwm
gwm  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:48
Member (2005)
check with Commerzbank Aug 20, 2007

Dear tanaudel,

I checked with my German Bank and they said they weren't aware of any of these abbreviations and believe they must be internal abbreviations only Commerzbank uses.

Gisela

Jean-Marie Le Ray
Jean-Marie Le Ray  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:48
Italian to French
+ ...
P.S. Aug 20, 2007

I've searched everywhere on the Net and found absolutely nothing with these acronyms.
First I thought it was a sort of bank code (i.e. Swift code) but it doesn't seem so.
Maybe the only way to get some explanation is to ask directly to Commertzbank as Gisela said.
I don't think so you'll find it on a deutsch acronmys dictionary.
Jean-Marie

tanaudel
tanaudel  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:48
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thankyou for the suggestions Aug 25, 2007

They do appear to be specific to the Commerzbank. Unfortunately, it was an urgent weekend job and I was unable to contact the bank. Fortunately, the client did not require the definition of those terms. Next time, I will be warned!

Thankyou for the suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for glossary of German bank abbreviations

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »