Off topic: Fremdwörterbuch / Dictionary of foreign words
Thread poster: Wolfgang BRECH

Wolfgang BRECH  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:32
German to English
+ ...
Feb 2, 2003

As a native German-speaker living in Canada (and the USA occationally)I try to keep up with the modern German language. When reading German newspapers and listening to German radio stations, I\'m always amazed how many English words have slipped into my mother tongue! When translating documents I sometimes struggle whether to keep the English word or not?

Now I found a dictionary I\'d like to share, and that might be helpful to some of you:

\"Hier finden Sie rund 30 000 Begriffe erklärt, die aus anderen Sprachen Eingang ins Deutsche gefunden haben und zum Beispiel auf dem Gebiet der Medizin, im Rechtswesen oder in den Medien gebräuchlich sind\":

http://www.langenscheidt.aol.de/

ENJOY!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 20:32
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Danke, Wolfgang! Feb 2, 2003

Subj.
[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fremdwörterbuch / Dictionary of foreign words

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search