https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/8306-looking_for_similar_translator_help_discussion_forums.html

Looking for similar translator help/discussion forums
Thread poster: HelenY
HelenY
HelenY
German to English
+ ...
Feb 5, 2003

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any \"similar\" sites or mailing lists where translators can post queries. I heard that the Compuserve forum was now open to everyone, but have never been able to access it. I have occasionally used the forum at Leo.org for German queries, which can be helpful for more general queries.

I often find that I have a sentence I\'m not totally happy with, and I\'d like a second opinion on my suggestion - does anyone know of anywhere on
... See more
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any \"similar\" sites or mailing lists where translators can post queries. I heard that the Compuserve forum was now open to everyone, but have never been able to access it. I have occasionally used the forum at Leo.org for German queries, which can be helpful for more general queries.

I often find that I have a sentence I\'m not totally happy with, and I\'d like a second opinion on my suggestion - does anyone know of anywhere on the web where translators can post e.g. a phrase and their proposed translation for confirmation/help from other professionals?

I have to say, I can\'t imagine a more comprehensive or supportive system than the one here at ProZ, but I am interested in a site where you can run ideas for longer phrases/sentences past each other.

Thanks in advance,

Helen
Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 18:59
English to Dutch
+ ...
Welcome Feb 5, 2003

Just have a look at the KudoZ pages (here at ProZ.com) and marvel!
[addsig]

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:59
German to English
+ ...
Flefo Feb 5, 2003

>>I heard that the Compuserve forum was now open to everyone, but have never been able to access it., hit \"Forums\", then register a screen name (free). You need cookies and Java/JavaScript (I can never remember which) enabled. Then select the Foreign Language and Education Forum (FLEFO).

HelenY
HelenY
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Feb 6, 2003

Thanks to both of you. I have been using KudoZ, but just was wondering if there was something similar for longer sentences when I\'m looking for confirmation a phrase sounds ok, rather than help with terminology.

I will try compuserve again!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for similar translator help/discussion forums

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »