Locomotives glossary (en-es)s
Thread poster: Ines Garcia Botana

Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 26, 2003

I need a glossary on locomotive specification, can you help me?

Thank you!

IGB

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:39
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
UIC Railway dictionary Feb 26, 2003

If you get a lot of work on trains and railway texts (and I do!), I truly recommend buying the UIC Railway Dictionary, which is the industry standard since it\'s compiled and published by the Union Internationale des Chemins de fer.

You can buy it from Kater Verlag:

http://www.kater-verlag.de/

Click on \'Eisenbahn\' on the left column. It costs EUR 165.

By the way, it\'s multilingual so you not only get English-Spanish but French, German, Italian and Portugues as well.

I also have the CD which is truly astounding since it has all the major European languages. If you do major translation on trains, then I suggest investing the EUR 350 on the CD.

I looked at the largest collection of Spanish-Eng diction. and gloss. but couldn\'t find any.

If you have problematic terms, post them as KudoZ and I\'ll answer.

Marcus

Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:39
Dutch to English
+ ...
Marcus is right Feb 26, 2003

I use the same dictionary but I bought it from:

http://www.grantandcutler.com/catalogues/translator/d110.htm

The dictionary in question is:

Lexique général des termes ferroviaires (General dictionary of railway terminology): FrenchGermanEnglishItalianSpanishDutch (Union Internationale des Chemins de Fer), 4th, revised edition, pp.1250, hardback, 1988. £63.50

You can order on line and they will send it to you. I think you can also get a CD-ROM version but you\'ll have to check.

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Feb 26, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-26 08:00, marcushm wrote:

If you get a lot of work on trains and railway texts (and I do!), I truly recommend buying the UIC Railway Dictionary, which is the industry standard since it\'s compiled and published by the Union Internationale des Chemins de fer.

You can buy it from Kater Verlag:

http://www.kater-verlag.de/

Click on \'Eisenbahn\' on the left column. It costs EUR 165.

By the way, it\'s multilingual so you not only get English-Spanish but French, German, Italian and Portugues as well.

I also have the CD which is truly astounding since it has all the major European languages. If you do major translation on trains, then I suggest investing the EUR 350 on the CD.

I looked at the largest collection of Spanish-Eng diction. and gloss. but couldn\'t find any.

If you have problematic terms, post them as KudoZ and I\'ll answer.

Marcus

[addsig]

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you ! Feb 26, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-26 08:32, Marijke wrote:

I use the same dictionary but I bought it from:

http://www.grantandcutler.com/catalogues/translator/d110.htm

The dictionary in question is:

Lexique général des termes ferroviaires (General dictionary of railway terminology): FrenchGermanEnglishItalianSpanishDutch (Union Internationale des Chemins de Fer), 4th, revised edition, pp.1250, hardback, 1988. £63.50

You can order on line and they will send it to you. I think you can also get a CD-ROM version but you\'ll have to check.

[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Locomotives glossary (en-es)s

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search