Is there any reason not to use @language.proz.com mail?
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 07:18
Spanish
+ ...
Feb 26, 2003

Hello, the subject may be confusing but that\'s exactly what I need: reasons not to have a [email protected] as a main free email account.

I know that many of you still use yahoo or hotmail to send and recieve job related emails. I\'ve got my email address @ proz.mail.everyone.net and I absolutely prefer it to any other free email server. Basically, because of its accesibility and the spam. You
... See more
Hello, the subject may be confusing but that\'s exactly what I need: reasons not to have a [email protected] as a main free email account.

I know that many of you still use yahoo or hotmail to send and recieve job related emails. I\'ve got my email address @ proz.mail.everyone.net and I absolutely prefer it to any other free email server. Basically, because of its accesibility and the spam. You see, whenever I open a new window I get an annoying pop-up advertisment, but I know it\'s going to be there so it\'s not so annoying anymore and it\'s easy to close. And I rather do this instead of deleting several emails each day, many of them potential carriers of viruses. At proz-everyone mail I don\'t get spam, only from sites I\'m subscribed to (or is it \'subscribed with\'?).

Well, some days ago a friend and collegue told me that I shouldn\'t use that account because many proZ use that server just to manage basically kudoz and some other proZ related emails. Although not a reason to stop using that account, it really made me wonder if there is an explanation for this. Does anybody know what that would be? Have you tried it yet? Have you stopped using it? I\'m really curious about it.

Any comment would be appreciated.

Regards,

Cali
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there any reason not to use @language.proz.com mail?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »