https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/9234-automatic_russian_text_decoder.html

Automatic Russian Text Decoder
Thread poster: Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 05:17
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 7, 2003

Automatic Russian Text Decoder on Java-Script

Russian text can become absolutely unreadable after the transmition through different Internet software. Especially it is difficult to read it, when it it has been transformed by the incorrect sequence of encodings which makes the text not belonging to any of the known russian encodings. This Java-Script programm performes russian text encoding withing the four
... See more
Automatic Russian Text Decoder on Java-Script

Russian text can become absolutely unreadable after the transmition through different Internet software. Especially it is difficult to read it, when it it has been transformed by the incorrect sequence of encodings which makes the text not belonging to any of the known russian encodings. This Java-Script programm performes russian text encoding withing the four main russian symbol tables. Besides it can automatically determine the sequence of two encodings necessary for the text restoration. It\'s decision is based on the frequency table of russian symbols and is correct with high probability in the case if the text consists mainly from the low-register russian symbols.

Regards,

Nikita Kobrin

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-03-09 11:33]
Collapse

Elizabeth Adams
Elizabeth Adams  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:17
Member (2002)
Russian to English
thanks Nikita! Mar 13, 2003

I\'ve bookmarked that page!

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:17
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Stanwardine converter Mar 13, 2003

I had a job from an agency about a month ago, which they told me had been converted from illegible text on the Internet using

http://www.stanwardine.com/cgi-bin/russianconverter.pl

I didn\'t bother to list it here as a resource at the time, because I didn\'t think it would do anything that setting the correct encoding in View wouldn\'t do, but while we are
... See more
I had a job from an agency about a month ago, which they told me had been converted from illegible text on the Internet using

http://www.stanwardine.com/cgi-bin/russianconverter.pl

I didn\'t bother to list it here as a resource at the time, because I didn\'t think it would do anything that setting the correct encoding in View wouldn\'t do, but while we are on the subject, I thought I might as well put it in now.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatic Russian Text Decoder

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »