Comprehensive dictionary German > English for \"Wirtschaftsprüfung\"
Thread poster: Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth

Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:12
English to German
+ ...
Mar 8, 2003

Can anyone recommend a fairly comprehensive dictionary online G>E for all aspects of the Wirtschaftsprüfung (profession)?

Barbara Mueller-Grant  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:12
German to English
Auditing Dictionaries + Sources Mar 9, 2003

International Accounting Standards, in both the English and the German versions;

Woywode, Uwe, \"Wörterbuch Rechnungslegung und Steuern, e-lex Verlag, Willingshausen 2000 among others

RobinB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:12
German to English
No such resources available yet, I'm afraid Mar 9, 2003

There are as yet no reliable G->E accounting/auditing dictionaries or glossaries available, certainly not online. The Woywode dictionary is OK for bookkeeping and tax, but not for financial reporting/audit (avoid other dictionaries claiming to cover accounting/reporting).

The slimmed-down EU version of the IASs/IFRSs should be available online sometime this year (possibly in the summer) in all the EU official languages.

A pretty depressing picture, isn\'t it...

Ursula Derx  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2005)
English to German
Schaefer Mar 9, 2003

I use Wilhelm Schaefer - Wirtschaftswoerterbuch, the books (volumes E>G and G>E). I would definitely buy both volumes, since it always makes sense to look it up the other way round as well.

I have never been successful in finding such terms in online dictionaries...though you could try:

http://tradition.axone.ch/default_index.cfm

Ursula Derx  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2005)
English to German
Oesterreichische Nationalband Mar 9, 2003

Just thought of it: Try

http://dictionary.oenb.at/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comprehensive dictionary German > English for \"Wirtschaftsprüfung\"

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search