Comprehensive dictionary German > English for \"Wirtschaftspr├╝fung\"
Thread poster: Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth

Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:01
English to German
+ ...
Mar 8, 2003

Can anyone recommend a fairly comprehensive dictionary online G>E for all aspects of the Wirtschaftspr├╝fung (profession)?

Direct link Reply with quote

Barbara Mueller-Grant  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:01
German to English
Auditing Dictionaries + Sources Mar 9, 2003

International Accounting Standards, in both the English and the German versions;

Woywode, Uwe, \"W├Ârterbuch Rechnungslegung und Steuern, e-lex Verlag, Willingshausen 2000 among others

RobinB  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
No such resources available yet, I'm afraid Mar 9, 2003

There are as yet no reliable G->E accounting/auditing dictionaries or glossaries available, certainly not online. The Woywode dictionary is OK for bookkeeping and tax, but not for financial reporting/audit (avoid other dictionaries claiming to cover accounting/reporting).

The slimmed-down EU version of the IASs/IFRSs should be available online sometime this year (possibly in the summer) in all the EU official languages.

A pretty depressing picture, isn\'t it...

Ursula Derx  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2005)
English to German
Schaefer Mar 9, 2003

I use Wilhelm Schaefer - Wirtschaftswoerterbuch, the books (volumes E>G and G>E). I would definitely buy both volumes, since it always makes sense to look it up the other way round as well.

I have never been successful in finding such terms in online dictionaries...though you could try:

http://tradition.axone.ch/default_index.cfm

Ursula Derx  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2005)
English to German
Oesterreichische Nationalband Mar 9, 2003

Just thought of it: Try

http://dictionary.oenb.at/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comprehensive dictionary German > English for \"Wirtschaftspr├╝fung\"

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search