German-English-Latin ornithology glossary
Thread poster: Kim Metzger

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:15
German to English
Mar 10, 2003

I just came across what appears to be an excellent scientifically prepared glossary but it\'s an Excel file that can\'t be edited. I\'d like to print it but can\'t figure out how to get all three columns (English, German, Latin) on the printed sheet because I\'m not familiar with the Excel program. Could someone recommend a procedure?

Kim

http://www.lagarta.com/birds.xls

Direct link Reply with quote

jmadsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:15
Change page layout to "Landscape" Mar 10, 2003

In Excell, go to the File menu, Page Layout, and change Direction under the Page tab to \"Landscape\".

PS: If you save the file to your harddisk, you should be able to edit the file from there.

Maya Jurt  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2002)
French to German
+ ...
Copy paste into word Mar 10, 2003

Hi Kim,

Just copy past it into WORD, chose the Landscape setting and once you have done that, reduce the first colimn or choose a smaller font.

I just tried it. Works perfectly.

You can even move the columns to the right on the exel document and chose the landscape setting for the printing.

Greetings

Maya

Holger Gremminger
German to Swedish
+ ...
You can fit to page Mar 13, 2003

Hi!

In Excel you can choose

File -> Page setup(?) -> Fit to page(?)

I am not sure about the English terms, in German it would be

Datei -> Seite einrichten -> Anpassen: x Seite(n) breit und y Seite(n) hoch

/Holger

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

German-English-Latin ornithology glossary

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search