Spanish voiceover forum
Thread poster: Capicuan Girl

Capicuan Girl
English to Spanish
Jan 21, 2008

Hello everybody!

I hope I have posted this message in the appropriate forum...

I have been in the translation "industry" for a while and now I feel it is the right time for me to try new things. So I decided it was now the time to do something I had long been willing to do: voiceover. I read some posts here about the best voiceover forums, and yes, you were most right. They are excellent. But I find I need something else, like a Spanish one. I mean, I would like to share with pros where do I have to look in order to, for example, put (or at least try to) my voice to Spanish commercials, and apply to more local voiceover jobs. I have been searching for a Spanish Voiceover Forum, but for some reason I do not find any that seems good enough...

I would appreciate any help regarding this issue.

Thank you for all your comments!

Capicuan girl (Natalia).

Capicuan Girl
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Really, no answer? :( Jan 22, 2008

icon_frown.gif

José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:17
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Voice banks Jan 22, 2008

Natalia,

What would you expect at a voiceover forum?

I got the impression you want to find jobs. One way of doing it is checking the numerous Voice Banks all over thre world, and having a look at the samples people post there. Then make yours, and send it wherever you can.

Some of these don't charge anything. Some act as your agent and get a commission from any work you get through them. There are others that charge a hosting fee.

I don't do voice-overs myself, but now and then I hire people who do. Unless it's lip-sync video dubbing, jobs can be sent via Internet in audio files. Maybe you should give it a try.

Capicuan Girl
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks José! Jan 22, 2008

What do I expect from a forum you asked. Well, I would like to find a forum like ProZ but for Voiceover where I could exchange information of the Voice over world...
Thank you for your post, by the way, José!
Saludos,
Natalia.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish voiceover forum

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search