Thread poster: Francina
| | Francina
Local time: 01:20
Dutch to English
Our charity, Translators4Kids, is gathering steam and getting of the ground. There are some questions that keep popping up. In this tread you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Have another question? Please feel free to ask.
To read more about Translators4kids background and past postings please visit http://www.proz.com/forum/98
1. What are the differences between the membership options?
· A board member: pays a fee, helps shape and lead the charity with various responsibilities involved,
· A member: pays a fee, actively contributes in the Association’s working processes (for example with translations and other things), and has the right to vote in general meetings, etc.
· A participant: is not a member but contributes to work in the project (translations or other things) with no other obligations and rights in the charity.
2. Why am I asked to pay membership fees to a supposedly non-profit group?
Please consider this as an individual and optional decision.
Please be assured that none of us are paid, we are all volunteers with a passion for kids. Unfortunately setting up our organization, even though it is a charity, cannot happen by only giving time, energy, and expertise. It needs sponsorships to cover the operating costs for running our own website, legal registration as a charity etc. etc. To offset these initial costs we decided to set up a tier membership and give those that are willing to contribute/sponsor this cause one step further the change to do so.
3. Why do I need to answer that many personal questions in order to be a volunteer translator for T4K?
Please share with us only that what you are comfortable with.
It might be a bit daunting to be asked so many questions simply to join, be assured that we do not ask to be nosy or intruding. Many have expressed an interest to be actively involved in the T4K project. Our quest is to give everyone the opportunity to join in as much or as little as they wish.
4. How do I join?
a)Simply download the questionnaire from
b)Save the document under a new document name, using your last name & ProZ.com ID number. Example: Schimmelpfennig_1550.doc.
c)Fill it in.
d)Send it to Marion at email@example.com
5. How do I make a donation?
We would like to accept your pledge at this point in time.
We are not able to take in donations just yet as we are in the process of opening a bank account specifically for this purpose. As with everything else this requires time cutting through the bureaucratic tape.
When the account is up and running we will ask those who have pledged x amount of money to us to make good on their promise by sending the appropriate information so that they can send us the promised amount.
[Edited at 2005-03-18 20:51]
[Edited at 2005-03-18 21:07]
[Edited at 2005-03-18 21:12]
[Edited at 2005-06-10 18:15]
[Edited at 2005-07-05 19:59]
[Edited at 2005-07-05 20:02]
| || || |
| | Rosa Maria Duenas Rios
Local time: 01:20
| At a first glance your posting was a bit confusing to me... || Mar 18, 2005 |
... Since I might not be the only one, I just thought it is a good idea to remind other readers that it refers to the translator4kids project.
[Edited at 2005-03-18 19:52]
There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »