Thread poster: Natalia Eklund
Natalia Eklund
Natalia Eklund  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:29
French to English
+ ...
Oct 31, 2007

In recent months T4K has been facing technical problems. The development of our new website and the introduction of a new automatic information distribution system have taken longer than expected.
In addition, our most recent newsletter failed to reach the majority of our members. The team is currently working on the problem and hopes to be able to start operating normally once again very shortly.

In the meantime, all important news will be posted on the T4K website. To keep
... See more
In recent months T4K has been facing technical problems. The development of our new website and the introduction of a new automatic information distribution system have taken longer than expected.
In addition, our most recent newsletter failed to reach the majority of our members. The team is currently working on the problem and hopes to be able to start operating normally once again very shortly.

In the meantime, all important news will be posted on the T4K website. To keep in touch with what is going on, go to www.translators4kids.com
There are going to be lots of new things to come!

Thanks again to all our volunteers who have taken time out of their busy professional and personal lives to help us grow big and strong!
Collapse

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:59
German to English
Interested Oct 31, 2007

Hi,

I would be interested in becoming a member of T4K and being more involved.

I visited the website a couple of months ago and tried making the payment for membership by credit card, but it didn't work! I sent an e-mail about this via the website, but got no reply.

Please do let me know how I can pay membership and if there is anything else I can do.

Thanks and regards,
Niraja

Natalia Eklund
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Paying to be a member Oct 31, 2007

Hi Niraja,

Thanks for your interest!
We're so sorry you had difficulty getting through to us. We had a rough time getting our website and communication working properly due to various security problems.

You can pay by
... See more
Hi Niraja,

Thanks for your interest!
We're so sorry you had difficulty getting through to us. We had a rough time getting our website and communication working properly due to various security problems.

You can pay by credit card through Paypal:
-Go to http://www.translators4kids.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=47&lang=en

-and click on the Paypal Subscribe button

-When making your payment, make sure to include some of your contact information, your full name, and preferably your physical address.
This is so that we can send you an official receipt.

Let us know if you have any other problems, because we're still tweaking!

PS-Our new website will be available in many languages, but for the moment only the English version is online. If you don't see any text, click on the English flag in the upper right corner of the page.
Collapse

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:59
German to English
Thanks! Oct 31, 2007

N.M. Eklund wrote:

You can pay by credit card through Paypal:

Will do so soon!

Best regards,
Niraja

PeggyStrachan
PeggyStrachan  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:29
English to German
+ ...
English - German Volunteer Nov 5, 2007

Hi,

I found out about the project Translators 4 Kids via this forum last week and I would like to help by offering my translation skills.

Last Wednesday (31st Oct) I sent an email to [email protected] and received two prompt replies; one automated response that I will be contacted shortly and one delivery failure reply.

So now I am not sure if you received my email at all. I would, howe
... See more
Hi,

I found out about the project Translators 4 Kids via this forum last week and I would like to help by offering my translation skills.

Last Wednesday (31st Oct) I sent an email to [email protected] and received two prompt replies; one automated response that I will be contacted shortly and one delivery failure reply.

So now I am not sure if you received my email at all. I would, however, still like to volunteer. Please let me know how.

Cheers,
Peggy
Collapse

Natalia Eklund
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Servers down Nov 5, 2007

Hi Peggy,

Exceptionally on October 31st, there was a temporary problem with the mail server. It corrected itself by 11:30 at night after I had spent a couple of hours ripping my hair out trying to find the problem.

I have spoken to Proz, which is hosting our mail server, and they will look into how we can avoid such problems in the future.

So, please resend your previous email, it should go through this time.
Thank you for your patience!

... See more
Hi Peggy,

Exceptionally on October 31st, there was a temporary problem with the mail server. It corrected itself by 11:30 at night after I had spent a couple of hours ripping my hair out trying to find the problem.

I have spoken to Proz, which is hosting our mail server, and they will look into how we can avoid such problems in the future.

So, please resend your previous email, it should go through this time.
Thank you for your patience!

Natalia
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

YES! T4K is still alive……

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »