Carrie Comer
Carrie Comer  Identity Verified
Guatemala
Local time: 04:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 23, 2010

Hi all,

I know that there have been past threads about this, but nothing I can find within the past year. Has the Translators & Interpreters Guild disappeared?

If anyone has any information, please let me know. I'm a pretty big believer in unions, and I really think that as service providers we should foster spaces like that. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from anyone with info about either the TTIF or a similar organizing space.

Carrie

Theo Bernards (X)
Theo Bernards (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:00
English to Dutch
+ ...
I don't know about the past year, but Sep 23, 2010

I managed to find this link: http://www.unionlanguages.org/1301.html.

Is this what you are looking for?

Carrie Comer
Carrie Comer  Identity Verified
Guatemala
Local time: 04:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Theo Sep 23, 2010

Thanks... This is different from the website I found, where no contact information was listed! I'll try to get in touch with them and see if they're still active.

I appreciate your quick investigation

wendy griswold
wendy griswold  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:00
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
Translators and Interpreters Guild Mar 18, 2012

Hi, I came across this old post of yours by accident.
The Guild still exists. Probably the best way to contact them at this point is through the Communication Workers of America. If you have a specific question or issue, I may be able to steer you in the right direction.

Cheers!
Wendy Griswold
Pittsfield MA

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translators and Interpreters Guild

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »