ATA Conference - 1st time attendee
Thread poster: Aida Mengistu

Aida Mengistu
Local time: 10:08
English to Amharic
+ ...
Sep 13, 2011

I am interested in attending the 52nd ATA conference this fall in Boston. Unfortunately, I have a conflict of scheduling and won't be able to attend the first couple of days. Is it worthwhile to sign up for just one day and attend on October 28 only? Or will I be missing out on a lot by not being there the first couple of days? Any other tips for a first time attendee? Thank you!

LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:08
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Depends on the schedule for that day Sep 14, 2011

Hi Aida,
Have you checked the schedule of events/sessions for the day you are planning to (potentially) attend? If I were in your position, my decision would be heavily based on the concentration of sessions I was interested in on the particular day, as well as travel cost and time considering how long I would be there. For me personally, unless I was relatively local to the conference, I don't think the hassle and expense of travel would be worthwhile for just one day.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ATA Conference - 1st time attendee

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search