The New York Circle of Translators (NYCT)
Thread poster: Sandra Malo Jarque

Sandra Malo Jarque  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:37
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 27, 2011

Hi everybody!
I just discovered this association and I was wondering if any of you were members of it and if it was worthy to join them.
Regards,
Sandra

http://www.nyctranslators.org/index.shtml

Patricia Trowbridge
United States
English to Portuguese
+ ...
NYCT Dec 28, 2011

Hi Sandra,

Yes. I am member and I am running for Program Director. If I get the position we are going to have many knew events. As a member I like it.

jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
They have monthly meetings Dec 28, 2011

I used to be a member and my contact informatiom was listed on their site, but I never got any project. I was even never contacted by any potential client in a 12 month period. That's hard to believe but that is true.

You may pay for the membership to get some fun but don't expect to get any job from there.

United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 28, 2011

Patricia Trowbridge wrote:

Hi Sandra,

Yes. I am member and I am running for Program Director. If I get the position we are going to have many knew events. As a member I like it.

Hi Patricia,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I recently moved to JC and I thought being a member of this association would be great because I could meet more colleagues. I'll try to join soon.

United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good to know Dec 28, 2011

jyuan_us wrote:

I used to be a member and my contact informatiom was listed on their site, but I never got any project. I was even never contacted by any potential client in a 12 month period. That's hard to believe but that is true.

You may pay for the membership to get some fun but don't expect to get any job from there.

Hi jyuan,
thanks a lot for letting me know. It's good to know about what to expect. I'll keep this in mind.
Thanks,
Sandra

Sophie Delios  Identity Verified
United States
English to French
+ ...
NYCT Nov 26, 2012

Hi all,

First of all thank you Sandra for opening this discussion.

For my part, I tried to contact the circle but the only answer I received was a message on an answering machine. Does anybody know how to contact them directly?

@Patricia did you get the position?

Many thanks,
Sophie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The New York Circle of Translators (NYCT)

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search