UK translator forums
Thread poster: BCTRANS

BCTRANS  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 30, 2012

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone could tell me the main/best/most useful translator forums in the UK. I'm on a couple of forums in Spain which are very useful but was wondering which forums exist in the UK for translators.

Thanks in advance!

Belinda

Karen Stokes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:02
Member (2003)
French to English
CIOL / ITI May 30, 2012

Hi Belinda,

The forums I use most often are TransNet (run by the Translating Division of the Chartered Institute of Linguists – there's a general group that covers all kinds of translation-related issues plus language-specific groups) and the subject and language networks run by ITI.

You have to be a member of the relevant organisations, but I see you mention the CIOL in your profile so maybe that would be a good starting point.

Best wishes,
Karen

Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
ProZ.com forum "Ttranslation in the UK" May 30, 2012

Hi Belinda

There is a specific forum on this site, in case you weren't aware of it:
http://www.proz.com/forum/794

BCTRANS  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 31, 2012

I had no idea there was a forum on ProZ... I did a search yesterday but obviously not the right type. Thank you. I'll also have a look on CIoL although I'm not actually a member at the moment.

So there are no public (as in non-association-related) forums?

Thank you both for your help.
B

XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
ProZ is public May 31, 2012

This is a 'non-association' site. For most of the others I can think of there are stringent conditions regarding qualifications or membership of a professional association.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UK translator forums

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search