Local time: 15:22
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 22, 2004

Dear all,

this forum is part of the activities related to the new Associations Database
http://www.proz.com/translator_associations

We aim at promoting discussions about the translators associations, providing a venue where associations' members and representatives, across countries and continents, can interact and cross-pollinate ideas.

ProZ.com is not a formal association, and from this "neutral" position we would like to provide an informal point of contact for discussions and interaction.

You are welcome to discuss what you like or dislike about your association's services, praise or criticise, and we hope to stimulate dialogue and improvement.

Special threads: News

The forum will contain, in addition to any discussion, some special threads marked as News.

The "News" items will be posted by active ProZ.com members committed to advertise and promote activities, events and projects run by their association.
The News will be posted in a single thread per each association, easy to locate and to follow.

The ProZ.com members accepting the task of reporting news have also access to edit/update their association's record, on the Associations Database.

Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:22
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The database is online Jul 29, 2004

The database containing information and links to Associations, Schools and other Organizations relevant for the translation business is now on-line.

See the menu Community > Translator Organizations
or click on the link below
http://www.proz.com/translator_associations

All site members or visitors are invited to send information about any incorrect or missing data, using the links provided.

Thank you
Gianfranco

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:22
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Where is the TA link? Aug 1, 2004

Gianfranco Manca wrote:
The database containing information and links to Associations, Schools and other Organizations relevant for the translation business is now on-line.

Where do visitors or Proz members click to see the details of the translator associations? It seems that unless you know the URL by heart, or unless you click on it in this thread, you won't be able to find it.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:22
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Bugs in the TA screen Aug 1, 2004

Gianfranco Manca wrote:
All site members or visitors are invited to send information about any incorrect or missing data, using the links provided.

The TA screen of SATI tells me that it's missing the contact person's e-mail address, but in the editing screen I do add it (and when I go to the editing screen, it is added already). Something wrong?

==

There is a new, particularly unhelpful little feature in the TA edit screen. Whenever I update any information, Proz automatically adds <br /><br /> to all my hard returns. The nett effect of this is that the description of the TA has huuuuge gaps inbetween the paragraphs. Every time I change on little detail on the TA edit screen, I have to re-edit the description to manually remove all the <br /><br />'s.

...And I've just discovered that even if I disable HTML in this post, the BR tags in this post is treated as HTML.

[Edited at 2004-08-01 18:57]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Welcome to the Associations forum

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search