Need advice for starting a Translator's Association in Honduras
Thread poster: alexandra123

alexandra123
Local time: 03:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 24, 2004

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone can give me some tips or advice on starting a translator's association. I already have a couple of translator's interested in starting it with me. They know of the advantages of being part of an association rather than just working on their won disconnected from other translators. I would like to know if anyone (escpecially in the area of Central America) would be willing to give me some pointers. Basically, the reason I am asking especially for the input of translators from central america is that the countires and their people are all very similar and the problems they might have ecountered along the way to establishing a translator's association in their countries might be very simolar to the problems we might encounter. There is no Translator's association in Hoduras and I think it is aobut time we got organized. I know there is an association in Guatemala and I am sure there are others around Central america. Any kind of input would be very welcome. Thank you in advance for your time everyone. Bye and greetings from Honduras,
Alexandra

Direct link Reply with quote

alexandra123
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you very much for that...I appreciate it... :) Jul 24, 2004

Tayfun Torunoglu wrote:

We have a new forum for Translator Associations, I move your posting to this new forum dedicated for this subject
Best regards
Tayfun Torunoglu
Getting Established Forum

alexandra123
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Right forum? Jul 25, 2004

I actually was looking to reach translator associations in Central America. I know there are some and my reason for targeting these ones specifically is becasue of the similarity of the countries themselves. sicne there is a similarity the possible hurdles on the way to creating a translator's association might be similar as well. I havew looked at the forum but I do not see anything remotely close to the associations I was hoping to reach through this. The associations are either in the US or Europe or places that are so different in their ways of doing thins than Honduras that I really doubt I will find the answers to the questions I have even if I do contact them. What can I do about this? Is tehre any other forum that you would suggest I write to in addition to this one? I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Alexandra

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:16
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Consult the Associations database Jul 26, 2004

alexandra123 wrote:
I actually was looking to reach translator associations in Central America...

Dear Alexandra,

you can find some associations based in Central American countries (Guatemala, Mexico, Panama) and many more based in Latin America, in the ProZ.com Translators' Associations database
http://www.proz.com/translator_associations

The database will provide contact details and website for most of them.
Click on "Associations" to separate the entries you are interested in from other types of organizations.

Gianfranco

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need advice for starting a Translator's Association in Honduras

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search