ATA Certified Translator gets more benefit than non-certified translator?
Thread poster: tilak raj

tilak raj  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 19:32
Member (2012)
English to Panjabi
+ ...
Mar 15, 2013

I have been watching some ATA and other certified translator. Are they more eligible or can have more benefits rather than which haven't?

Please let me know how these certifications are more valuable and important for a translator.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:02
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My experience Mar 15, 2013

I have been ATA certified since 2008 and I would say that definitely my customers, who are usually well aware of the importance of the ATA and the worth of the certifications, are more willing to pay reasonable rates for my work. It has clearly meant a boost ahead for me in a saturated language pair like English-Spanish.

I also get more contacts not only from ATA members, but from other sources, for instance proz.com, since the certification is a further guarantee for them of what kind of quality they can expect.

I would definitely give it a try, although I must remind you that it is a very exacting exam and you must prepare thoroughly for it. It also has some entry requirements, which you can check in ATA's website.

Good luck!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:02
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not available in your language pairs... Mar 15, 2013

Unfortunately from what I see in the ATA certification page your main language pairs (at least the ones shown in your profile here) are not included in the programme...

Another possibility would be the IOL's Diploma in Translation. Check their website to see whether they offer your languages. This is another widely known Diploma.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ATA Certified Translator gets more benefit than non-certified translator?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search