Thread poster: Viktoria Aleksandrova
Viktoria Aleksandrova
Viktoria Aleksandrova
Local time: 08:47
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 26, 2008

Hi Everybody,

Recently I received a notification from ATIO that I am approved to take examination with my language combination (English-Bulgarian) in April. I am trying to find some more information about the examination procedure. I read several postings on this website regarding the texts for translation and the marking procedure and it occured to me that there maybe some difference depending on the language that you apply with. For example, French/English combination is more com
... See more
Hi Everybody,

Recently I received a notification from ATIO that I am approved to take examination with my language combination (English-Bulgarian) in April. I am trying to find some more information about the examination procedure. I read several postings on this website regarding the texts for translation and the marking procedure and it occured to me that there maybe some difference depending on the language that you apply with. For example, French/English combination is more common in Canada than Bulgarian/English, that's why the texts could be more difficult and the marker could be stricter. I would like to receive a piece of advice regarding this as well as some additional information about the types of texts that are usually given in ATIO examinations. By the way, what is the percentage for the passing score?

Thank you in advance!!!
Collapse

Alexandra Scott
Alexandra Scott  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2006)
Italian to English
+ ...
ATIO exam Feb 27, 2008

Hi Viktoria,

Last year I wrote two ATIO exams, one for French into English and the other for Italian into English. I did not see much difference in the difficulty of the texts involved. I don't know for sure but I imagine the association instructs those setting the exams on the level of difficulty required.

Why not search the ATIO database at the website (atio.on.ca) and find someone with the English-Bulgarian language combination who has been certified and contact him
... See more
Hi Viktoria,

Last year I wrote two ATIO exams, one for French into English and the other for Italian into English. I did not see much difference in the difficulty of the texts involved. I don't know for sure but I imagine the association instructs those setting the exams on the level of difficulty required.

Why not search the ATIO database at the website (atio.on.ca) and find someone with the English-Bulgarian language combination who has been certified and contact him or her? I would think such a person would be ready to discuss this issue with you.

Good luck in April!

Alexandra
Collapse

Viktoria Aleksandrova
Viktoria Aleksandrova
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your advice!!! Feb 27, 2008

Thank you for your reply. I looked at the ATIO directory, but it looks as if they don't have any certified translators with Bulgarian language yet ... only candidates for certification (3 or 4). I was just wondering if you could tell me a little be more about the exam itself ... and maybe some advice how I could get prepared for it. What kind of texts did you have on the exam?

Thanks again!!!
Viktoria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ATIO Certification Exam - English - Bulgarian

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »