Thread poster: Nahit Karataşlı

Nahit Karataşlı  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 14:49
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jun 22, 2011

Merhaba Arkadaşlar,

Mutlaka bilenleriniz vardır, ancak bilmeyen, özellikle genç arkadaşlar, varsa diye yazıyorum.
Bu adam bugünlerde tekrar harekete geçti.
Felek birgün salakken (!) benim kapımı da çalası gelmiş.
Taktiği hep aynı.
Sakın, ne feci bir çevirmen dostu, ne iyi bir adam, hem de en ön ödeme yapanından, cennetlik bu! falan gibi şeyler demeyin ve zaman ayırıp alıntıları okuyun.

Bağlantı adresi ve alıntılar
... See more
Merhaba Arkadaşlar,

Mutlaka bilenleriniz vardır, ancak bilmeyen, özellikle genç arkadaşlar, varsa diye yazıyorum.
Bu adam bugünlerde tekrar harekete geçti.
Felek birgün salakken (!) benim kapımı da çalası gelmiş.
Taktiği hep aynı.
Sakın, ne feci bir çevirmen dostu, ne iyi bir adam, hem de en ön ödeme yapanından, cennetlik bu! falan gibi şeyler demeyin ve zaman ayırıp alıntıları okuyun.

Bağlantı adresi ve alıntılar aşağıdadır.

Aman dikkatli olalım!

Selamlar,

http://www.translationdirectory.com/forum/threads/?685

A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: Marilena 26-03-2011 09:22

I am writing to warn you against Johnson Burtton, who wrote a message to get translations from English into several languages here at TranslationDirectiory. He is a swindler and a thief. He will pay you in advance by sending you a false check, whose amount is greatly superior to the cost of your services, saying that it has been emitted by someone sponsoring an international workshop. Then he will ask you to refund him the sum in excess, knowing that international checks take a long time to be cashed and thus to discover they are a fake. I was too ingenuous to believe in his good faith and fell in the trap. Pay attention not to trust him, and if someone made my same bad experience, please contact me. Thanks.
Re: A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: Susana León Barreiro 15-04-2011 16:44

Could you please contact me? I would like to talk to you asap since I am in trouble. I have exactly the same problem, I guess, with the same person under a different name. Could you please explain to me how he managed to steal your money? Same story, I have just been in the bank today with a cheque of a much bigger quantity. In this case, his name is John Burroughs.

What am I supposed to do now to stop him?
Re[2]: A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: Juan M Merchan 15-04-2011 19:33

Dear Susana,
I am dealing with the same case (a cheque from John Burroughs), but I have had a nasty prvious experience with a "Kenneth Clark". My lawyers are dealing with the case and both the Spanish police and London police have been warned, since the bank (HSBC) has certified the cheques are stolen.
Contact me if you need further information.
Juanma.
Re[3]: A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: Marilena 28-04-2011 08:38

Dear Susana and Juan,
I just received a mail from the Stratford Police telling that Mr. Clark- Burtton- Borough was finally been arrested, and no they need any possible information from the victims of his frauds.. Did you receive the same mail? I am trying to understand through internet search if this is a true mail, I have become suspicious after meeting Mr. Burtton! Let's keep us informed, and let's hope this person will have the right punishment for his misdeeds.
Re[4]: A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: Nikola 28-04-2011 08:56

Hello!

Is Mr. Burtton also known as Mr. Kenneth Clark?
Re[4]: A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: Juan M Merchan 28-04-2011 09:55

Thank you for the message.
Could you forward me the e-mail you received communicating the arresting of this man?
If you could send also the full header of the email, it could help to know if it is real or fake.
I appreciate very much the interest some of you are taking in cases of scammers and non-payers. Fraud is turning into a pest in many countries.
Juan.
Re[5]: A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: Marilena 28-04-2011 12:19

Yes, it seems that Mr. Clark or Mr. Burtton or else Mr. Borough are the same person! As for the mail I received, here it is. I am almost convinced that it is a fake, what do you think about it? It does not tell me how they got my email, there are some grammar and spelling mistakes and actually I am not sure on the existance of the Metropolitan (NOT Metropolitant) Police department of Stratford! Please let me know your opinions!

From: Department of Internet-Fraud, The Metropolitant Police Department of Stratford,

We are writing about a reported case involving Mr. Kenneth Clark, a Scam Artist who resides in London, United Kingdom. The case was reported at our office on 10th April, 2011 on his acts by employing the translators to translate his extracted document on internet by undisclosed member of translationdirectory from English (Source Language) to several languages , He also offered to get the translators paid for the service by his will of mode of payment (Bank Check) according to our investigations on his dubious act which is a stolen checks in which the money credited on your account would be recalled after the bank finishes with his verification on the check he sent to you that would later bounce at the bank.

After a long, teriible, investigations and search to track down the evil deed actor, we are bringing to your notice that the scam artist had finnally been under arrest in our custody and we have interogated him on such behviour which He denied. Although, His personal data and all the money on his account has been blocked until he found guilty.

So, your assistance is needed as we request for all the necessary information about Him (Mr. Johnson Burtton) and also we would like you to make a reference of His e-mails during the transactions by forwarding a copy to the email address below.

"stratfordmetropolitant@post.com"

Yours Faithfully,

Internet-Fraud Section,

The Metropolitant Police Department of Stratford,
Stratford, United Kingdom.
Re[6]: A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: caroline stephenson 07-06-2011 18:13

I seems that I am not the only one who has been had then. He called himself Johnson Burroughs in my case... and I received the same email.... bizarre....
Re[6]: A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: caroline stephenson 07-06-2011 18:23

I was conned byt the same guy, although under the name of Johnson Burroughs...
I got the same email from the so-called police but I am also enclined to doubt it, particularly as the metropolitan police has a different site and this address is strange...
Re[7]: A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: Juanma 07-06-2011 18:29

Denounce the facts to the police. It's the only way. I have done so.
Good luck.
Re[5]: A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: Michaela Viken 28-04-2011 16:42

I know this might be a bit of a wishful thinking, but if Mr. Burtton is to be arrested, is it possible to get paid somehow? Can someone give all of the translation some kind of payment for all of the hard work we've done?

After all, this is precious time that's been wasted. For me, it took a whole week's worth of work.

I really hope we can catch this guy!
Re[2]: A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: caroline stephenson 07-06-2011 18:46

Whatever happens do not agree to refund him any money because as soon as he gets it, the first cheque gets cancelled and then you've lost what you've given him back... I was conned by him for a substancial amount of money so if there is a group of us we should try and get together to catch him...
Re: A case of fraud, do not trust JOHNSON BURTTON [Messages of the topic] [Reply to this message]
Sender: Maarja 31-05-2011 07:35

I never accept checks. Never. It's the 21st century! It's a digital era for God's sake! Who would pay by check these days? Only scammers.
Sender: Martin König 22-06-2011 00:01

Thank you all, I just have (politely) declined to give mr Johnson my personal phone number "so i can mail you the cheque immediately i receive your details". A gross mistake...
In fact I declined the whole thing and just wanna to let you know that he is not arrested very much, unless of being in an internet locker?

Wish you luck,
Martin
Collapse

ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Turkey
Turkish to English
+ ...
Nigerian Scam ile Ayni! Jun 22, 2011

Yasamda size hiç kimse borcundan (veya totaldan) yüksek miktarda bir çek vermez. Eger veriyorsa mutlaka ama mutlaka o kisiden süphelenmeniz gerekir. Meshur Nigerian scam de ayni senaryo ile isler. Tema farkli olabilir (size amcanizdan, dedenizden miras kaldi, vs) ama esas itibariyla scam aynidir. Sizden ne kadar ufak olursa olsun bir para almaya çalisirlar. Her gördügünüz çeki gerçek sanmayin.

Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Haklısınız Jun 22, 2011

ATIL KAYHAN wrote:

Yasamda size hiç kimse borcundan (veya totaldan) yüksek miktarda bir çek vermez. Eger veriyorsa mutlaka ama mutlaka o kisiden süphelenmeniz gerekir. Meshur Nigerian scam de ayni senaryo ile isler. Tema farkli olabilir (size amcanizdan, dedenizden miras kaldi, vs) ama esas itibariyla scam aynidir. Sizden ne kadar ufak olursa olsun bir para almaya çalisirlar. Her gördügünüz çeki gerçek sanmayin.

Görüşlerinize aynen katılıyorum Atıl Bey.
Geçmiş deneyimlerim, hiçbirşeyin göründüğü gibi ve kolay olmadığını hatırlatır hep. Eğer böyle görünüyorsa tekrar tekrar bakmak ve altını incelemek gerekir diye düşünürüm.

Bu arada, gerçekmiş gibi görünsün diye ekte gönderilen ve analizi istenen dosya, her yerden bulabileceğiniz ve adı "IMMORALTY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING" olan bir dosya.

Selamlar,

Faruk Atabeyli  Identity Verified
Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
Ya da biraz eğlenebilirsiniz Jun 22, 2011

http://www.419eater.com/index.php

Emin Arı  Identity Verified
Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
Dün de bana bir e-posta gönderdi Jun 22, 2011

Ben de nazikçe f... off dedim. Internet

Gül Kaya  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:49
Turkish to English
+ ...
Metroplitant Police ??? - nasıl yani Jun 22, 2011

Arkadaşlar ben farklı bir yere takıldım. Lütfen Metropolitan Police tarafından yazıldığı iddia edilen yazıya bir bakar mısınız? Bu kadar bozuk bir ingilizcenin kullanılması mümkün olamaz. O da mı scamın bir parçası? İsimlerini bile yanlış yazmışlar - Metropolitant Police Department of Stratford - yani yok böyle bir şey.

Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ağzınıza sağlık Jun 22, 2011

Emin Arı wrote:

Ağzınıza sağlık.
Ben genellikle dede yadigarı güzel Türkçemizi kullanıyorum bu iş için.

Selamlar,

Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Haklı olabilirsiniz Jun 22, 2011

Gül Kaya wrote:

Arkadaşlar ben farklı bir yere takıldım. Lütfen Metropolitan Police tarafından yazıldığı iddia edilen yazıya bir bakar mısınız? Bu kadar bozuk bir ingilizcenin kullanılması mümkün olamaz. O da mı scamın bir parçası? İsimlerini bile yanlış yazmışlar - Metropolitant Police Department of Stratford - yani yok böyle bir şey.

Belki kendisi düzenlemiş olabilir. Bak adam tutuklu, ama bu iş hala devam ediyor, demek o yapmıyormuş gibi bir düşünce yaratmak için...

Bu adamlardan herşeyi beklemek lazım.

Selamlar,

Azmi ALLUŞOĞLU
French to Turkish
+ ...
You made... Jun 26, 2011

Emin Arı wrote:

my day...

Sayın Emin ARI =))

Gerçekten acaba birisi bunu demişmidir diye bekliyordum ki.
Benden önce davranmışsınız. Varolun efendim!

Konuya dönecek olusak, içinde bulunduğuuz yüzyılın en gözde mesleğin oldu scammerlık.
O kadar gizli ve içtenlikle çalışıyorlar ki, gmailin scam filtresi olmasa, inanasımız gelecek, o nebze gerçekçi yazıyorlar.

E tabii, bu filtre olmasa dahi, günde 23423422424t5 tane aynı kalıpta mail geldiği için artık bilinçli birçok kullanıcı olayı ayıktı.

Aman diyorum, emeğimize yazık, zaten çok zor şartlarda çalışıyoruz...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

JOHNSON BURTTON ve diğerleri

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search