Seadeta Osmani
Seadeta Osmani  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 05:11
English to Croatian
+ ...
Jul 9, 2004

Dear Colleagues,

My husband and I were hoping to spend 2-3 weeks this August in Turkey. Would you happen to know any not-so-expensive hotels / motels / any kind of accomodation within following areas:
1. Sarimsakli, Ayvalik
2. Marmaris
3. Patara
4. Any other suggestion?

We are very interested and would appreciate any emails, web pages, phone numbers, other info.

Thank you in advance!

Seadeta

Umit Altug
Umit Altug  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:11
English to Turkish
+ ...
A few links Jul 9, 2004

If you don't like package holidays and mass tourism, but want a unique experience, this web page on "Small Hotels of Turkey" will be very useful - www.nisanyan.net. If you ask about my favorite destination, just take a look at Kalkan's web page - www.kalkan.org.tr . Warning: that place is addictive, once you see it, you keep co... See more
If you don't like package holidays and mass tourism, but want a unique experience, this web page on "Small Hotels of Turkey" will be very useful - www.nisanyan.net. If you ask about my favorite destination, just take a look at Kalkan's web page - www.kalkan.org.tr . Warning: that place is addictive, once you see it, you keep coming). After you decide about the destination, you can find some good tips in www.frommers.com (under the section Europe:Turkey: Turquoise and Mediterranean Coasts).

BTW, is your schedule flexible? August is the peak season, crowded, expensive and hot. You can find much better bargains in September.

[Edited at 2004-07-09 22:43]

[Edited at 2004-07-09 22:44]
Collapse

MyriamRbb (X)
MyriamRbb (X)
Local time: 05:11
English to French
Kalkan too Jul 13, 2004

I don't like Marmaris. Too big, too crowded, too modern.
Kalkan is a very charming place. I used to stay at Carreta Pension, outside the city, but I don't know if it's still there. Very friendly, not expensive at all. I'll look for its phone number. From there, you can go and visit Patara.
Another one of my favorite places, Ucagiz, a small village. I have stayed at Mehmet Pension, he is a fisherman, just ask for him, the village is so small that everybody knows each other.
<
... See more
I don't like Marmaris. Too big, too crowded, too modern.
Kalkan is a very charming place. I used to stay at Carreta Pension, outside the city, but I don't know if it's still there. Very friendly, not expensive at all. I'll look for its phone number. From there, you can go and visit Patara.
Another one of my favorite places, Ucagiz, a small village. I have stayed at Mehmet Pension, he is a fisherman, just ask for him, the village is so small that everybody knows each other.

Enjoy your holidays in Turkey! It's a most beautiful country. I miss it.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Summer accomodation in Turkey

Translation news in Türkiye

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »