Help needed with translation of Ukrainian diploma
Thread poster: PatsyStone
PatsyStone
PatsyStone
Polish to English
+ ...
May 23, 2005

Hello,

I'm translating into Polish an English-language appendix to a Ukrainian Masters diploma in Social Psychology.

I have two questions which I don't think can go to the Kudoz section, as they are English to English really.

Question 1:
One of the "disciplines" (i.e. subjects) is "Theory and Methods of Physical Training." I am wondering what training this is. Is it about physical education or something else, i.e. connected more with physics?
... See more
Hello,

I'm translating into Polish an English-language appendix to a Ukrainian Masters diploma in Social Psychology.

I have two questions which I don't think can go to the Kudoz section, as they are English to English really.

Question 1:
One of the "disciplines" (i.e. subjects) is "Theory and Methods of Physical Training." I am wondering what training this is. Is it about physical education or something else, i.e. connected more with physics?

Question 2
Below the list of subjects with numbers of hours and marks there is a section called "Course Works" where there are two subjects only: Psychology and Pedagogics with accompanying marks. What specifically is the "course works"? Are these papers you write at the end of the course, or something else?

I hope you can help me here.

P.

By the way, congratulations at the splendid Euro Song Contest in Kiev.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:53
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Patsy May 23, 2005

1. Physical Training it's physical education - sports, gymnastics etc. The Polish for "Theory and Methods of Physical Training" is 'Teoria i metody wychowania fizycznego'

2. Course Works = Term Papers = Prace roczne
Term Paper = Praca roczna

Hope this helps,
Natalia

[Edited at 2005-05-23 23:13]

PatsyStone
PatsyStone
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! May 24, 2005

Natalie,

Thank you very much - your answer is very helpful.

Greetings,
Pats

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 06:53
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
PE May 27, 2005

"Ukrainian Masters diploma" sounds bizarre, I mean that "Masters diploma". It can be a diploma confirming the level of higher education equivalent to Master's Degree, but "masters diploma" - i doubt the phrase.

Physical Education = PE

And course works are 'term papers'

Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 13:53
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Пане Володимир, May 27, 2005

в Україні вже пару років видають дипломи бакалаврів і магістрів. Останні не дуже відрізняються від дипломів спеціалістів, але - факт.

Marta Argat
Marta Argat  Identity Verified
Chinese to Ukrainian
+ ...
like my humble self :) May 27, 2005

Oleg Prots wrote:

в Україні вже пару років видають дипломи бакалаврів і магістрів. Останні не дуже відрізняються від дипломів спеціалістів, але - факт.

Вже 6-7 років, як видають. Наскільки магістр відрізняється від спеціаліста, залежить від вузу та навіть факультету.

Jarema
Jarema  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2003)
German to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Про магістрів May 27, 2005

Marta Argat wrote:

спеціалістів, але - факт.
Вже 6-7 років, як видають. Наскільки магістр відрізняється від спеціаліста, залежить від вузу та навіть факультету.

Та й я український магістр. Щоб дуже на мене жалілись, так наче й ні.

Звісна річ, кандидат наук в Україні - справа також достойна.

[Edited at 2005-05-27 18:26]

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 06:53
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
та я знаю про це May 28, 2005

Я тільки щодо назви, - невже він зветься українською (тобто на ньому написано) "диплом Магістра"?
Oleg Prots wrote:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed with translation of Ukrainian diploma

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »