Thread poster: Reed James

Reed James
Chile
Local time: 08:43
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 23, 2009

Hi. I have a laptop with Internet Explorer 7. About a week ago, IE7 stopped connecting to web pages. I tried installing Opera and testing it, but the same thing happened. However, I have no problem connecting to the Internet via Tweetdeck. I thought the problem could be my router, but I went to an Internet cafe and the same thing happened. Any ideas? I am truly stumped. TIA

Maxim Manzhosin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:43
Member (2008)
English to Russian
Check your proxy settings and BHO Jun 23, 2009

Malware (and even legitimate software) can modify your network settings without asking you.

Try to check the following: Tools > Internet options > Connections > LAN Settings and Tools > Internet options > Programs > Manage addons.

If you see something suspicious, delete it. If this doesn't help, try reverting to default settings: Tools > Internet options > Advanced > Reset.

HTH

Reed James
Chile
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't work Jun 23, 2009

Hi Maxim. Thanks for your answer, but I tried both solutions and they didn't work.

Rodrigo Castillo H.
Chile
English to Spanish
System Restore Jun 23, 2009

Hi,

If you have System Restore activated, you can try the System Restore tool and return your computer to a previous state. In many cases it is possible to solve these kind of problems with this tool.

Here are the instructions to restore the system: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

Hope it helps.

Ugene
Local time: 14:43
English to Russian
+ ...
You can also try... Jun 23, 2009

to visit M$ support. "You receive an error message in Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196/en-us.

Reed James
Chile
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Restore did the trick! Jun 23, 2009

Rodrigo Castillo Huerta wrote:

Hi,

If you have System Restore activated, you can try the System Restore tool and return your computer to a previous state. In many cases it is possible to solve these kind of problems with this tool.

Here are the instructions to restore the system: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

Hope it helps.

Thanks Rodrigo! It worked instantly. I am once again wireless.

Reed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wireless IE7 connection stopped working suddenly

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search