Studio 2009 and Windows 64 bit
Thread poster: nruddy
nruddy  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:05
German to English
Nov 25, 2009

I'm looking into getting a new laptop, on which I will probably install Studio 2009. I also want to put Windows 7 on it. What do I need to watch out for? Will it run on a 64 bit machine or does it have to be 32 bit?
[By the way, I'm not getting a Macbook!]

Any tips appreciated!

----
I just saw this useful thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/windows_operating_systems/149558-help_me_decide:_windows_7_home_premium_32_or_64_bits.html

[Edited at 2009-11-25 22:00 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-11-25 22:19 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:05
Italian to English
+ ...
Go ahead, but.... Nov 25, 2009

I installed Windows 7, 64 bit, a few days ago and so far have absolutely no problems with studio 2009. The one thing that I can think of is to ensure that any other software you use for translations such as dictionaries will run. I found that I had to install most of my dictionaries on virtual xp in order to continue using them. Since virtual xp can only be downloaded for Windows 7 professional and premium, you might want to make sure that you are installing one of those versions of 7.

I have an Intel Core2Quad CPU Q94000 2.66GHz with 8GB of RAM.

nruddy  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:05
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 26, 2009

Thanks, Richard. Glad to hear that you're not having problems.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 and Windows 64 bit

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search