https://www.proz.com/forum/windows_operating_systems/161842-how_to_enlarge_ui_font_in_windows_7_and_office_2007.html

How to enlarge UI font in Windows 7 and Office 2007
Thread poster: Andreja Ciković
Andreja Ciković
Andreja Ciković  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
Apr 2, 2010

Dear all,

I have a new laptop running on Windows 7 and Office 2007. Now, the laptop screen is pretty wide (15.6") and all UI names and all functions are really small – by this I mean really all predefined fields, email text, etc. I know there is a way to enlarge the font, but I don't know how to do it? Just to make it clear, I know how to increase the font in Office documents, but this is a different issue. Please, if someone knows how, explain how.

Thank you
An
... See more
Dear all,

I have a new laptop running on Windows 7 and Office 2007. Now, the laptop screen is pretty wide (15.6") and all UI names and all functions are really small – by this I mean really all predefined fields, email text, etc. I know there is a way to enlarge the font, but I don't know how to do it? Just to make it clear, I know how to increase the font in Office documents, but this is a different issue. Please, if someone knows how, explain how.

Thank you
Andreja
Collapse

cherepanov
cherepanov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:05
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Ctrl + Apr 2, 2010

Andreja,

I do not know what UI means, but to increase the size font on the computer screen while browsing the Internet, you might just press Ctrl key and not releasing it press "+" key.

Pressing Ctrl and "-" keys you'll be able to decrease the font size.

HTH,

Dmitri

Mindaugas Kiaupas
Mindaugas Kiaupas  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
simple solution Apr 2, 2010

Hi Andreja,

Go Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display and select Medium or Larger. That will change UI font size.

Mindaugas

Andreja Ciković
Andreja Ciković  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 3, 2010

Mindaugas,

thank you very, very much, this is exactly what I needed.
Andreja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to enlarge UI font in Windows 7 and Office 2007

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »