Viewing JPN filenames in WIN XP
Thread poster: PT Translati (X)
PT Translati (X)
PT Translati (X)
United States
Local time: 06:14
Japanese to English
Jan 18, 2011

Hope this is the right section for this question.

I have an English version of word. Of course, I can view everything in both languages, EXCEPT filenames in explorer (as in "My Documents". I've looked online and nothing so far. I just need to read them, so it doesn't have to be in explorer. I can "rename" and copy it somewhere if that's the best way, but where?

Anyone experienced with this?

Thanks in advance!

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:14
English to Thai
+ ...
My Windows XP Jan 19, 2011

My My Windows XP can see and manipulate JPN file names fully unless it is in WinZip/WinRAR. My settings: Open Start > Settings > Control Panel > Regional and Language Settings > Install East Asian Fonts > Install Japanese IME. Here you go!

Soonthon Lupkitaro

PT Translati (X)
PT Translati (X)
United States
Local time: 06:14
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Already have it, doesn't work Jan 19, 2011

Thank for the help Soonthong, but I already have JPN IME. But...

I think you may have touched on the cause though, they are files that were in zip files received from WINRAR. But I took them out of the zip file and save as a regular file (ppt in this case), so that it's in explorer like a non-zip file. It still doesn't show (all I get is moji-bake).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Viewing JPN filenames in WIN XP

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »