Thread poster: Ivana de Sousa Santos

Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:45
French to Portuguese
+ ...
May 6, 2005

Hello everybody!

Yesterday I've made a windows updating and now I can't access my e-mail accounts, except for the one at Outlook Express.

I can't really tell you right now the name of the updating but there is a new item in my PC menu, which is a 4-colour round symbol (red, green, yellow and blue). It says something like "configurate access to programmes and pre-definitions".

Can anyone tell me what's up and how can I fix it and if it has to do with this updating?

Many thanks in advance.
Ivana

Oliver Giesser  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:45
English to German
+ ...
DON'T May 6, 2005

The only thing I can tell you is what my computer wizard told me:

Don't ever make those Updates!

Kind regards

Oliver

Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:45
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved May 6, 2005

It was a cookies problem.

Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:45
German to English
+ ...
Windows firewall/security? May 6, 2005

If you've upgraded to SP2 or SP3 of Windows XP, you now have to deal with Windows' enhanced firewall/security protection (a.k.a. bolting the barn door after the horse is gone, but that's a different story). I haven't done so yet, so I can only suggest having a good read through MS Windows Help and MS online help. Having a degree in computer science or a helpful nerd friend is also a good idea.
Presumably some of the sites you want to visit don't pass the security test with the present configuration settings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't login in several sites after having made windows updating

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search