Thread poster: PFB (X)
PFB (X)
PFB (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:36
English to French
+ ...
Sep 16, 2005

Hello everyone

Something funny seems to have happened: whenever I'm on the Internet, the fonts are so small I can hardly read them - in fact, I often can't.

I'm not aware I've changed anything to the settings of my computer (I wouldn't dare!)but I do know that my computer is set to download upgrades automatically, if that is a clue.

I have Windows XP.

Oh, how I wish I knew anything about computers...
See more
Hello everyone

Something funny seems to have happened: whenever I'm on the Internet, the fonts are so small I can hardly read them - in fact, I often can't.

I'm not aware I've changed anything to the settings of my computer (I wouldn't dare!)but I do know that my computer is set to download upgrades automatically, if that is a clue.

I have Windows XP.

Oh, how I wish I knew anything about computers))

Many thanks in advance

Philippe
Collapse

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:36
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Try this Sep 16, 2005

Hi Philippe,

If you are using Internet Explorer, click 'View' on the toolbar and go down to 'Font Size'. In other browsers, this might be different (e.g. Opera is 'View/Zoom').

Good luck and I hope you can read this

Chris

PFB (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Vielen Dank! Sep 16, 2005

Textklick wrote:

Hi Philippe,

If you are using Internet Explorer, click 'View' on the toolbar and go down to 'Font Size'. In other browsers, this might be different (e.g. Opera is 'View/Zoom').

Good luck and I hope you can read this

Chris

It worked! Thanks (So simple and obvious, once you've been told....)

Well, I've learnt something new thanks to you.

Best regards

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Changing font size Sep 16, 2005

Hi Philippe,

Another, faster way of changing size is to turn the wheel on your mouse (if you have one, a wheel, I mean) while holding down the CTRL key.

This also applies to Word documents and PPT presentations. Faster than fiddling about with the font size box at the top of the screen.

Hope you can read this

Andy

PFB (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No mouse Sep 16, 2005

andycw wrote:

Hi Philippe,

Another, faster way of changing size is to turn the wheel on your mouse (if you have one, a wheel, I mean) while holding down the CTRL key.

This also applies to Word documents and PPT presentations. Faster than fiddling about with the font size box at the top of the screen.

Hope you can read this

Andy

Thanks Andy but no mouse - so I'll stick to the previously explained procedure. But thanks anyway.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:36
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
It's easier with Firefox Sep 16, 2005

It's even simpler if you use Firefox as your browser. Just press control and plus sign to increase the font size, control and minus sign to decrease it.

PFB (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 16, 2005

Jack Doughty wrote:

It's even simpler if you use Firefox as your browser. Just press control and plus sign to increase the font size, control and minus sign to decrease it.

Thanks, Jack

sarahl (X)
sarahl (X)
Local time: 07:36
English to French
+ ...
no mouse? Sep 16, 2005

Philippe Boucry wrote:

Thanks Andy but no mouse - so I'll stick to the previously explained procedure. But thanks anyway.

Now you have my attention! Tell me how you're using your computer without a mouse, never liked the rodent myself

PFB (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mice Sep 17, 2005

sarahl wrote:

Philippe Boucry wrote:

Now you have my attention! Tell me how you're using your computer without a mouse, never liked the rodent myself

Ah, there you are! Last time I heard from you, you were on your way to a Paris street that doesn't exist!

As for mice, can't say I like them much either - which is why I got two cats from the nearest cats' shelter home, and a laptop from the computer shop

tlmurray (X)
tlmurray (X)
Local time: 10:36
English
Keyboard tips Oct 15, 2005

sarahl wrote:

WIndows, by default, foolishly does not enable the underscores in menus until you press Alt. First, you should enable this in your Display control panel.

Now, you will note each menu item has one character that is underlined, like F for File or E for Edit -- you just press Alt+the underlined letter to activate that menu. Then in the list that drops down, you press the underlined letter you want, with no Alt this time.

In dialogs, Tab moves around the options, space bar activates radio buttons and check boxes, and you will also note some items have underlined letters. For these, some times you need the Alt and sometimes you don't -- this takes a bit of practice and experience, but it's a fast learn.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tiny, unreadable font size when on the Internet

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »