Thread poster: Alicja Weikop

Alicja Weikop  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:56
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 16, 2005

Hi,

I am trying to find the option which allows the user to define their own shortcut keys.

On my PC ALT+s opens a Support Information Window - but I need this combination to produce the Polish character "s" with a dash.

How can I access the setting to change the function of ALT+s?

Many thanks
Alicja

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Tucker
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Keyboard Nov 18, 2005

Are you actually sure you want to change global shortcut keys rather than keyboard layout?

Is it the "¶" character that you mean? With the Polish qwertz layout it is two keys to the right of the "p", is it not? Should there also be a capital "¦"? - I haven't found one on the keyboard so far.

(N.B. Character encoding of this post: ISO-8859-2)

Alicja Weikop  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not the keyboard layout Nov 18, 2005

Hi,

No, I definitely don't want to change the keyboard layout - I am working with the Polish keyboard layout and I can't use the alt + s symbol (it normally works in Poland) because this combination opens this info window that I don't want.

I have once managed to change the key shortcut setting - but now cannot find the option again - how annoying!

AW.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to change global shortcut keys

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search