Can Trados Workbench run in a Tablet PC with Windows CE?
Thread poster: Antonio de Torre Álvarez
Antonio de Torre Álvarez
Antonio de Torre Álvarez
Spain
Local time: 16:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 1, 2006

This is really important, since I have to take a decision very fast, regarding the purchase of a this kind of computer.
Any help will be welcome
regards
Toni

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:52
German to Spanish
Workbench May 1, 2006

is just a dot file ( plantilla) and should work if Word is installed and working.

But... this is just a logic conclusion, I have no experiences with this configuration.

I tested one Tablet PC but it was loud, slow and very "warm" cause this model has a "normal" Pentium inside. Good Tablets are still very expensive.

Saludos

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:52
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Workbench is an application May 2, 2006

The interface from Word to WB is a .dot-file, but Workbench itself is an independent application, I doubt that it will work anywhere else than in normal Windows environments. But I have no knowledge about this CE.
If you can run normal Word in it, you can probably use Wordfast, which works completely as part of Word without external applications.

Perhaps you should go to the Trados User forum at Yahoo with your question.

Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can Trados Workbench run in a Tablet PC with Windows CE?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »