Windows XP Media Edition and Office 97
Thread poster: lexical
lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:26
Portuguese to English
Jan 29, 2007

I've been running Office 97 successfully for 4 years on Windows XP Home, but I'm now going to have to replace my computer. (The reason I'm still using Office 97 is that it works, I'm used to it and I hate enriching Microsoft unnecessarily).

The computer models I've been looking at come loaded with Windows XP Media Edition or they are "Vista Ready". There doesn't seem to be an option of pre-loaded XP Home or Pro. Does anyone know how far Media Edition differs from standard XP? Has anyone any experience of running 97 on Windows Media Edition?

Direct link Reply with quote

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 14:26
English to Indonesian
+ ...
should be ok Jan 29, 2007

based on this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_Media_Center_Edition, it should be ok to install office97 in the media center. i don't have first hand experience though.

franksf
Chinese to English
office 97 runs ok on XP Media Jan 29, 2007

after you install be sure to run the online update

lexical  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:26
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Frank, did you mean... Jan 30, 2007

...run the online update of XP Media Edition or of Office 97?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows XP Media Edition and Office 97

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search