Double Pinyin in Chinese IME
Thread poster: beirenbo
beirenbo  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:11
Feb 16, 2007

I just started using the double pinyin IME. It's really great, and much faster, but I've noticed I can't input any syllables that start with a vowel (a, ei, ou, etc.) since the IME only recognizes them as endings and not beginnings. So I have to switch to a different IME when I need to input these syllables. Anyone know a way around this? Is there a double pinyin update that fixes this, or some key I don't know about to do it? Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jing Nie
China
Local time: 12:11
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Add a comma to input"en, ou" Feb 17, 2007

If you want to input any syllables that start with a vowel (a, ei, ou, etc.) ,just input a comma before the vowel.

Try it.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Double Pinyin in Chinese IME

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search