Amy Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:28
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 7, 2003

Dear all,

Just a quick query.

I use Windows XP. I\'m a bit of a desktop fan - much to the annoyance of anyone else using the computer! - and tend to store files to go out on my desktop. Today I went to clean up the desktop and saved some of my desktop items in other files. I deleted the relevant items on the desktop and went to \'arrange items by; type\' to line the remaining icons up. However copies of all the files I had deleted flashed up onto the desktop (for example a file \"Translation\" would come up as \"Copy of Translation\"). I tried again to delete the files, sending them to the Recycle Bin and then deleting them from the Recycle Bin. I then had \"Copy of Copy of Translation\".

What am I doing wrong, and how do I get rid of the files!?

I would be grateful for any ideas.

Many thanks in advance,

Amy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows XP desktop files making copies when deleted

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search