https://www.proz.com/forum/windows_operating_systems/9222-windows_xp_desktop_files_making_copies_when_deleted.html

Windows XP desktop files making copies when deleted
Thread poster: awilliams
awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:03
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 7, 2003

Dear all,

Just a quick query.

I use Windows XP. I\'m a bit of a desktop fan - much to the annoyance of anyone else using the computer! - and tend to store files to go out on my desktop. Today I went to clean up the desktop and saved some of my desktop items in other files. I deleted the relevant items on the desktop and went to \'arrange items by; type\' to line the remaining icons up. However copies of all the files I had deleted flashed up onto the desktop (for e
... See more
Dear all,

Just a quick query.

I use Windows XP. I\'m a bit of a desktop fan - much to the annoyance of anyone else using the computer! - and tend to store files to go out on my desktop. Today I went to clean up the desktop and saved some of my desktop items in other files. I deleted the relevant items on the desktop and went to \'arrange items by; type\' to line the remaining icons up. However copies of all the files I had deleted flashed up onto the desktop (for example a file \"Translation\" would come up as \"Copy of Translation\"). I tried again to delete the files, sending them to the Recycle Bin and then deleting them from the Recycle Bin. I then had \"Copy of Copy of Translation\".

What am I doing wrong, and how do I get rid of the files!?

I would be grateful for any ideas.

Many thanks in advance,

Amy

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows XP desktop files making copies when deleted

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »