Débora D'Eramo
Débora D'Eramo  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:25
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Dec 30, 2007

Hello everyone,
I've recently formatted my computer, with the result that I can't hear anything on it. I mean the sound controls are missing and I have no idea how to put them back.
I've searched the web trying to find a solution to this problem, but haven't found any. It seems I must download some drivers, but I'm not sure of which.
Can anyone help me?
Many thanks in advance,
Débora

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:25
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Debora Dec 30, 2007

Windows usually do not install sound card drivers automatically; if you have a disk for the sound card you should use it for installation.

Do you have any documentation for your computer? If yes, the type of your sound card should be indicated somewhere.
It is possible, of course, to use a special program which recognizes hardware, however looking in the documentation/manual for your computer would be perhaps somewhat easier for you.

[Edited at 2007-12-30 21:50]

Débora D'Eramo
Débora D'Eramo  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:25
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I don't have the installation disk, actually. Dec 30, 2007

And the computer is a sort of hybrid, made up of parts of different computers, so I don't have access to the original documentation.

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 19:25
English to Spanish
Drivers Dec 30, 2007

http://www.nodevice.com/driver/company/C-Media/SOUND.html

Elige el que se adapte a tu Sistema operativo, y mira en la columna "Model" la forma de instalación.

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:25
French to German
+ ...
Sound on-board? Dec 31, 2007

Hi Debora,

you have to set the sound on 'Enabled' in BIOS if your motherboard have 'sound on-board'.

Geneviève

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with sound in Windows XP Home Edition

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »