Tommaso Benzi Dominican Republic Local time: 18:42 English to Italian + ...
Mar 25, 2008
I don't know if this ever happened to you but I have this huge (20.000 entries) TM and I wanted to filter it in order to remove useless TUs. I opened the Edit TM window and clicked on Mark redundant TUs (same source-target). After that, Wfast said the TM did not exist! I paniced for a second, then I changed the extension to the .bak file and all is fine, but this is really weird.
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Shane Wall Vietnam Local time: 05:42 Vietnamese to English + ...
"mark redundant TUs" in TM or BTM?
Mar 25, 2008
Which Memory did you try to do the "mark redundant TUs" operation in? The BTM is 'read-only', so if you tried to mark the TUs in the BTM, that might have caused the problem.
If you want to manage the TUs in your BTM, select it as the active TM and then do the operation. I have a BTM and local VLTM, and this is what I do to manage those.
PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.
SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.