Thread poster: Tommaso Benzi

Tommaso Benzi  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
Local time: 11:49
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 25, 2008

Hello,
I don't know if this ever happened to you but I have this huge (20.000 entries) TM and I wanted to filter it in order to remove useless TUs. I opened the Edit TM window and clicked on Mark redundant TUs (same source-target). After that, Wfast said the TM did not exist! I paniced for a second, then I changed the extension to the .bak file and all is fine, but this is really weird.
Best,

Tommaso

Direct link Reply with quote

Shane Wall  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 22:49
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
"mark redundant TUs" in TM or BTM? Mar 25, 2008

Hi Tommaso,
Which Memory did you try to do the "mark redundant TUs" operation in? The BTM is 'read-only', so if you tried to mark the TUs in the BTM, that might have caused the problem.

If you want to manage the TUs in your BTM, select it as the active TM and then do the operation. I have a BTM and local VLTM, and this is what I do to manage those.

Hope that helps.

Shane

www.translingualexpress.com

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BTM deleted after attempt to mark redundant TUs

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search