Importing TRADOS TMs into existing Wordfast memories
Thread poster: xxxjoeclimber05
xxxjoeclimber05  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 01:58
German to English
Apr 1, 2008

Hi All

I've been doing some research into using Wordfast as an alternative to TRADOS. I know how to open a TRADOS TM in Wordfast, but I'm not sure if it's possible to import a a memory into an existing Wordfast memory. I ask this because many clients are in the habit of sending updated memories (TMX files) which I then import into an existing TRADOS without any problems.

Can the same be done in Wordfast?

Thanks for any information

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:58
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Easy Apr 1, 2008

First export the Trados tmw into tmx (1.4b). Select this tmx within Wf as new tm. Wf will convert it and save the tm under the same name at the same location as .Txt.
Now you can go to TM editor and select Tools and as filter "Merge current tm with another one". Done.
Or if you want to get rid of tags export as tmx (1.1).

xxxjoeclimber05  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 01:58
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Heinrich Apr 1, 2008

You've made my life just that bit easier!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing TRADOS TMs into existing Wordfast memories

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search