Does anybody work with Wordfast 5.52?
Thread poster: xxxwonita
xxxwonita
China
Local time: 00:02
Apr 10, 2008

I searched this forum yesterday. It seems Wordfast 5.52 has more problems than I 've encounted up till now. On the other hand, the latest version should be the best one.

Does anybody work with wordfast 5.52? I use Windows Vista, Word2007.

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:02
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
No big problem with 5.52zx on Word 2003 Apr 10, 2008

Most probably, your problems are about Word, rather than about WF.

xxxwonita
China
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your reply! Apr 10, 2008

esperantisto wrote:

Most probably, your problems are about Word, rather than about WF.

I was really uncertain if I should stick to Wordfast 5.52 after reading the posts yeasterday.

Karen Stokes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:02
Member (2003)
French to English
Fine so far Apr 10, 2008

I have Wordfast 5.52 on my laptop with Vista / Office 2007. I haven't used it all that much because I do most of my work on my desktop, but what I've done has been fine.

Best,
Karen

Roy Williams  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 04:02
German to English
I do Apr 10, 2008

I 've be using the demo version for month's now and I've also read the problems discussed in the forums. So far I haven't had any problem to speak of and I've gotten a lot more than 500 TUs out of my translation memory.

[Edited at 2008-04-10 13:54]

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Same here Apr 10, 2008

Karen Stokes wrote:

I have Wordfast 5.52 on my laptop with Vista / Office 2007.

Same here, recent version of 5.52 on my new laptop with Vista/Office 2007 and have been using Wordfast extensively for the last few weeks. The laptop is 5 weeks old. Glossaries, matching, fuzzy matching, etc are all working fine for me, if not better than before with 5.50.

I'm still not entirely familiar Word 2007, and can't seem to get my Wordfast menus to appear they way they did before in 2003, but all the functions are there and working ok.

My only problem is that some shortcuts no longer work. I have been using workarounds for the shortcuts, and I'm looking forward to taking some time off from work to fiddle around and figure out what program is hijacking my shortcuts.

xxxwonita
China
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all! Apr 10, 2008

I don't really understand how computer works, so I get nervous easily if things do not go as they are supposed to.

Anyhow I will stick to version 5.52 for a while.

ilija5150
Macedonia (FYROM)
Macedonian to English
+ ...
Vista/Office 2007 Apr 11, 2008

Apart from Wordfast being slower on a faster computer and supposedly more supperior Operating System on a supposedly upgraded Office suite, I haven't encountered any problems yet. In any case if you do have Office 2007 you are stuck with latter versions of WF 5.52 since older versions are not digitally signed, therefore cannot be installed.

On my home computer I have WF installed with XP/Office 2003 and works much, much faster and without any glitches.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anybody work with Wordfast 5.52?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search