Anna Thorpe
Anna Thorpe
United States
Local time: 00:33
English to Polish
+ ...
Apr 30, 2008

Hello,
I cannot get +Tools to work on my computer. I downloaded the files, read the manual. Added the PlusTools template to my templates and nothing. No icon apears. Further, when I close Word and open it again the template shows as not added, even though I definitely did add it (several times already). It is acknowledged as added in my templates as long I have a word document open in which I did it. I use Microsoft Word 2000.
Thank you in advance.
Anna Jonas

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:33
Italian to English
+ ...
Is PlusTools listed in your templates? Apr 30, 2008

I'm not sure I understand where the problem is. I use Office 2003 but I don't have Plustools permanently open either - I have to click on tools / models and templates and open it manually if I want to use it. It's not a problem, just an extra step that needs to be done.

Or are you saying that it's simply not listed among your templates?

Anna Thorpe
Anna Thorpe
United States
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved Apr 30, 2008

I finally got the program to open, by activating the PlusTools macro. The template did appear on my list before, but I wasn't able to run the program. Now, that I have activated the macro, I only have to add the +Tools template everytime I want to use it. Thanks for your willingness to help. Now off to my adventure with +Tools

Simon Mountifield
Simon Mountifield  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:33
French to English
Alt+F2 Apr 30, 2008

I remember someone asking a similar question a while back. This also tends to happen on my computer. Even if I check the PlusTools box in Tools / Models and Templates, the PlusTools icon doesn't appear.

What I have to do is press Alt+F2 and the icon automatically appears in the main toolbar.

The link to the previous discus
... See more
I remember someone asking a similar question a while back. This also tends to happen on my computer. Even if I check the PlusTools box in Tools / Models and Templates, the PlusTools icon doesn't appear.

What I have to do is press Alt+F2 and the icon automatically appears in the main toolbar.

The link to the previous discussion is: http://www.proz.com/topic/84113?post_id=672148

HTH,

Simon
Collapse

Anna Thorpe
Anna Thorpe
United States
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you! May 1, 2008

Thanks a lot.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with installing PlusTools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »