https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/105733-please_help%3A_problem_with_selecting_a_glossary_in_wordfast_553_with_word_2004_leopard.html

Please help: problem with selecting a glossary in Wordfast 5.53 with Word 2004, Leopard
Thread poster: Han Li
Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 15:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 28, 2008

Dear fellow translators,
I can't select any glossary in Wordfast 5.53 with Word 2004. The file code of glossary is Unicode; it can be selected in Wordfast 5.53 with Word 2003 in my PC. When I selected the glossary file, it told me:" This file comes from a different Unicode format and must be rewritten." After I click on OK in the dialog box, it told me:" Error writhing to the following file…"
Can anyone tell me how to add an existing glossary to Wordfast with Word 2004?
Tha
... See more
Dear fellow translators,
I can't select any glossary in Wordfast 5.53 with Word 2004. The file code of glossary is Unicode; it can be selected in Wordfast 5.53 with Word 2003 in my PC. When I selected the glossary file, it told me:" This file comes from a different Unicode format and must be rewritten." After I click on OK in the dialog box, it told me:" Error writhing to the following file…"
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Han Li
-----------------------------
www.dtptranslate.com
Collapse

Dragomir Kovacevic
Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:43
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
Open the glossary in Word May 28, 2008

hello Han Li,

after "This file comes from a different Unicode format and must be rewritten." - just close Wf, don't click on Ok. Open the glossary in Word, and re-save it in the correct Unicode for Wf on Mac, which, I guess, should be utf-16BE, i don't remember well (somewhere in the manuals, you'll find about the correct sub-type of utf-16 for Mac Word) Don't try to use Mac'c Text Edit for all of that.
You'll most probably get the same response for the tm-s, not just glossari
... See more
hello Han Li,

after "This file comes from a different Unicode format and must be rewritten." - just close Wf, don't click on Ok. Open the glossary in Word, and re-save it in the correct Unicode for Wf on Mac, which, I guess, should be utf-16BE, i don't remember well (somewhere in the manuals, you'll find about the correct sub-type of utf-16 for Mac Word) Don't try to use Mac'c Text Edit for all of that.
You'll most probably get the same response for the tm-s, not just glossaries. Therefore, convert everything in Word, before linking into Wf.

D

Han Li wrote:

Dear fellow translators,
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Han Li
-----------------------------
www.dtptranslate.com

[Edited at 2008-05-28 21:05]
Collapse

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 15:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works…… May 29, 2008

Thank you, Dragomir.
I opened it with Word in Mac and save it as in utf-16. Now it is OK. Although it looks some characters missing in MAC's Text Edit, but the target characters can be seen in TM editor in Wordfast.
By the way, I forgot to tell you that the target language of glossary is Chinese.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Han Li

[Edited at 2008-05-29 13:38]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please help: problem with selecting a glossary in Wordfast 5.53 with Word 2004, Leopard

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »