WordFast 5 / problem with target language setting in Word
Thread poster: Todd Field

Todd Field  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:10
Member (2003)
Portuguese to English
May 28, 2008

I just upgraded from WordFast 4 to WordFast 5 as part of a computer change. My new computer uses Windows Vista.

Now I’m experiencing a new problem: somehow, my default target language (in Word) equals the source language of the TM. In other words, if I set up a new TM with PT-PT as the source and EN-US as the target, the target language then becomes Portuguese (Portugal) in the Word document I am working on, when it should be English (United States).

Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, any pointers on how I can troubleshoot it in my WordFast settings?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

Direct link Reply with quote

Milen Mitev
Bulgaria
Local time: 19:10
Russian to Bulgarian
+ ...
re: May 28, 2008

Sorry, but... Solution is (75%) reinstalling the MS Word (to Word 2003), or (25%) reinstalling the Windows...

[Редактировалось 2008-05-28 20:04]

[Edited at 2008-05-28 20:10]

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:10
Member (2006)
French to English
not really a solution but... May 28, 2008

Depending on your language pairs, it shouldn't matter because you shouldn't worry about grammar or spelling until after you are done translating (unless of course you work differently). At the end of your translation session, when you want to revise, press ctl plus comma twice to hide hidden text. then press ctl A to select all. Set language to target language. Then run spell check.

Hope this makes sense.

John

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:10
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Check your settings May 29, 2008

Perhaps you have checked at Segments "Set target language to Word's default language" or something else is not as it should be.
Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordFast 5 / problem with target language setting in Word

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search