TagEditor (txt) files in Wordfast
Thread poster: Niels Barfoed
Niels Barfoed
Niels Barfoed  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:11
English to Danish
+ ...
Apr 30, 2003

I was wondering if anybody out there would know how best to treat a tagged Quark file in txt-format (meant to be translated in Trados TagEditor). I use Wordfast 4.12 and do not have Trados (and it seems the possibilty to download demo versions has vanished).

I can - of course - open the file in Word, but it seems that WF wants me to translate a lot of the formatting info too.

Thanks in anticipation for any advice....

Nich

<
... See more
I was wondering if anybody out there would know how best to treat a tagged Quark file in txt-format (meant to be translated in Trados TagEditor). I use Wordfast 4.12 and do not have Trados (and it seems the possibilty to download demo versions has vanished).

I can - of course - open the file in Word, but it seems that WF wants me to translate a lot of the formatting info too.

Thanks in anticipation for any advice....

Nich

Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:11
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Using FilterPack from Trados May 1, 2003

All what you would need is FilterPack from Trados. You can convert tagged text to rtf.

If you don´t have the software, contact me privately and send me the files, I´ll convert them for you tor rtf, so you can easily translate them with Wordfast, then send me the translated file back and I convert it back to txt.

Kind regards

Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor (txt) files in Wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »