https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/109597-wordfast_version_55_crashing.html

Wordfast (version 5.5) crashing
Thread poster: Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:15
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 7, 2008

When I started working on a file, Wordfast told me: THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS REVISIONS ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT IN REVISION (track changes or protect) MODE. It is not in a final state.
However, when I try to accept changes, it appears there are no changes to accept; end it is not protected.

Then I press CANCEL and I go on.
Then, after doing a certain number of segments, WF stops and shuts automatically. It goes back to the beginning. Then I've to start again form the point wher
... See more
When I started working on a file, Wordfast told me: THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS REVISIONS ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT IN REVISION (track changes or protect) MODE. It is not in a final state.
However, when I try to accept changes, it appears there are no changes to accept; end it is not protected.

Then I press CANCEL and I go on.
Then, after doing a certain number of segments, WF stops and shuts automatically. It goes back to the beginning. Then I've to start again form the point where it closed.

The worst thing, is that when I do the clean up, it says it cannot do the clean up as it is in revision mode.

Could you pls help me?

Thanks a lot

Lucia
Collapse

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Save to *.rtf Jul 8, 2008

Sometimes, revisions can't be found if you are working with an older version of MS Word than the author of the document. That's a Word issue.

Try saving a copy of the document in RTF. Close Word. Open the RTF file. Can you find and accept the revisions now?

If so, consult your client to see if you can work with the RTF file (which you can save back to DOC if you like), or if they would prefer if you work with the supplied DOC without such conversion (in which case they
... See more
Sometimes, revisions can't be found if you are working with an older version of MS Word than the author of the document. That's a Word issue.

Try saving a copy of the document in RTF. Close Word. Open the RTF file. Can you find and accept the revisions now?

If so, consult your client to see if you can work with the RTF file (which you can save back to DOC if you like), or if they would prefer if you work with the supplied DOC without such conversion (in which case they would need to accept the changes in the document for you).
Collapse

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks !! Jul 8, 2008

Thanks David, but it was more obstinate and I could clean it up.
Then, within a few tables, after processign the second cell, it stopped, it went to a previous sentence (already segmented and translated) and I had to start translation again. Then, after starting again, it stopped again, and so on.

As soon as I exit that table, it starts normally.

Well, normally, until I try to do clean up: at that point it "seems" doing the clean up, but in the end it says it can
... See more
Thanks David, but it was more obstinate and I could clean it up.
Then, within a few tables, after processign the second cell, it stopped, it went to a previous sentence (already segmented and translated) and I had to start translation again. Then, after starting again, it stopped again, and so on.

As soon as I exit that table, it starts normally.

Well, normally, until I try to do clean up: at that point it "seems" doing the clean up, but in the end it says it cannot do the clean up as it is in revision mode or protected.
I asked the client, but they told me it was neither in revision mode nor protected.

Lucia
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
one idea Jul 8, 2008

Try and do the cleanup witht the word macro if you've managed to translate it. (Tools/Macros/tw4winClean.Main or something like this.)

Also, I'd try and copy the text into a new, empty document.

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
German to English
Version 5.61k Nov 8, 2010

I am getting exactly the same problem. I can translate, but I cannot cleanup.

Has there been a solution to this problem?

The file is not, repeat NOT, in revision mode.

sylvie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast (version 5.5) crashing

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »