help for uninstalling Wordfast
Thread poster: jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 6, 2008

Some time ago I installed a trial version of Wordfast.

Nowadays I have purchased and use Metatexis, and every time I start a project, I de-activate Wordfast.

This has worked perfectly so far, but today Wordfast keeps popping up and making my document crash.

So I looked in a previous Forum and followed the advice: Windows key + F, then looked for wordfast.dot, (which appeared under Applications) and deleted that. Rebooted the computer.

To my sur
... See more
Some time ago I installed a trial version of Wordfast.

Nowadays I have purchased and use Metatexis, and every time I start a project, I de-activate Wordfast.

This has worked perfectly so far, but today Wordfast keeps popping up and making my document crash.

So I looked in a previous Forum and followed the advice: Windows key + F, then looked for wordfast.dot, (which appeared under Applications) and deleted that. Rebooted the computer.

To my surprise, Wordfast is still there! and it's been interrupting my work all afternoon.

Please excuse my being so stupid, but can anybody suggest what else I should do to get rid of it?

(I also looked under "My PC - all programs" and I can't see it there).

Many thanks to all!

Lucía
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:42
French to English
Some ideas Oct 6, 2008

If your trial version is relatively recent, you may have a button to "uninstall" wordfast. Look on the "F" button of the wordfast menu, then click on the very last "?" tab. If you have a recent version, you will see it there.

If not, maybe you need to search for "wordfast.dot" again (using the windows search files function, including in hidden folders). Perhaps it was saved twice on your computer, so you need to delete it again?

jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 7, 2008

Brilliant, Lori, your first suggestion appears to have worked.

Thank you!

Lucía

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

help for uninstalling Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »