Conversion of Trados TM to Wordfast - MAC
Thread poster: angharad williams

angharad williams  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Dutch to English
+ ...
Oct 17, 2008

Hi,

I have various Trados TMs that are in need of conversion so that I can use them in Wordfast.

I have already tried downloading Olifant on my mac and it appears as a non-executable file. On my pc, it has installed successfully. However I am still unable to get it convert the tm.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Angharad

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 06:04
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You need tmx-export from Trados Oct 17, 2008

No other application than Trados Wordbench can convert native tmw-files. You need to have Trados to export the stuff into tmx-format, which is interchangeable. Ask your customer to do it.
Regards
Heinrich

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:04
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
I agree Oct 17, 2008

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
No other application than Trados Wordbench can convert native tmw-files. You need to have Trados to export the stuff into tmx-format, which is interchangeable. Ask your customer to do it.

+1

angharad williams  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Assistance Oct 17, 2008

Many thanks gentlemen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Conversion of Trados TM to Wordfast - MAC

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search