Thread poster: corinne durand
corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:16
English to French
+ ...
Oct 23, 2008

Hello,

I decided to try and install the trial version of Wordfast to give it a try. I hadn't read the manual before installing and I tried to install it after watching the online demo.

My OS is Windows VIsta and Office version is MSOffice 2007. I tried to install and allow the macros etc.

However, the installation doesn't seem to have been successful (I get some kind of message about Visual Basic not being allowed when I try and open Wordfast in Word). I
... See more
Hello,

I decided to try and install the trial version of Wordfast to give it a try. I hadn't read the manual before installing and I tried to install it after watching the online demo.

My OS is Windows VIsta and Office version is MSOffice 2007. I tried to install and allow the macros etc.

However, the installation doesn't seem to have been successful (I get some kind of message about Visual Basic not being allowed when I try and open Wordfast in Word). I then went back to the manual and realised Word 07 does not seem to be listed as a compatibe program.

I decided to give up my Wordfast trial attempt but an Add Ins toolbar is now replacing the Trados SDL toolbar which seems to be gone altogether from the Word toolbars!!!!!

Even if was going to try Wordfast I definitely want to keep Trados too!

What has happened? Is that normal?

Can anyone please help and tell me how to recover Trados toolbar?

PS: I have tried to see if I can uninstall Wordfast to solve the problem but it doesn't come up in the list of programs I would be able to remove from my computer for some reason.

Many thanks in anticipation for your help.
Corinne

[Edited at 2008-10-23 12:40]
Collapse

Malin Skillby
Malin Skillby  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:16
English to Swedish
+ ...
Trados8.dot Oct 23, 2008

Hi!

I know nothing about Wordfast, except that the trial version works on my computer (Vista, Word 2007) alongside with Trados. So it should work.

Did you check if the template Trados8.dot (or Trados.dot) under Word Options - Add-Ins is checked? Maybe it was unchecked during your installation of Wordfast. That has worked for me every time the Trados toolbar has disappeared...

Kind regards
Malin

corinne durand
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Oct 23, 2008

Hi Malin,
That is great, many thanks, I recovered the toolbar thanks to your advice.

I just have to work out how to get Wordfast to work now....if you say that is possible to have both and it is compatible with Vista and 07.
If anyone have suggestions, they will be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Corinne

Malin Skillby
Malin Skillby  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:16
English to Swedish
+ ...
No that I know... Oct 23, 2008

Good that it worked!

For the other issue, it usually works to copy the error message and google it. There always someone who had that problem before...

Also, maybe this post could be of help:
http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/39566-version_51_and_visual_basic.html#293369

corinne durand
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again Malin, problem solved! Oct 23, 2008

Hello again Malin,
Thank you so much, went on the thread and also googled error and solved the problem! I had to check a box to say I trusted VBA in the security center and that solved the issue, Wordfast seems to be wotking now.
Thanks again for your time and help and all the best!
Corinne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help urgently required!!! Trados toolbar has vanished

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »